How I help
Coaching, mentoring, consultancy and hands on help for business and marketing people who want to explore new perspectives and do things differently.
As individuals we change and grow and experience many transitions during the course of our working lives – whether we are following a career path, building a business or managing a more diverse work portfolio.
I can help guide and support you with both the ‘inner’ personal work and the ‘outer’, more visible development work necessary to present yourself, market your business, lead your team, or build your career in an authentic and effective way.
I’ve worked independently for nearly 20 years following a marketing career that started in a small advertising agency and includes regional newspaper publishing and brands such as Shell and Cable & Wireless.
In 2000, after two encounters with redundancy, I started to explore life outside the corporate world. My coaching journey began a few years later and developed alongside my growing interest in helping people build successful businesses, marketing propositions, and careers around who they really are – whatever ‘success’ may mean to them.
My love of nature has led me to develop my practice so that, when appropriate, we can work together both in and with the natural environment, outside the four walls of the office or meeting room.
- 20-year business and marketing career in publishing, energy, telecoms and learning and development, including Shell and Cable & Wireless, with a distinctly ‘coaching’ management style
- Plus 20 years working as a coach, mentor, consultant and trainer with MDs, directors, business owners, employed and independent professionals
- Experience and understanding of a wide range of business environments – in the private and public sector, from big brands to agile start ups
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM), Chartered Marketer, holder of the CIM Marketing Diploma
- Author of Content Marketing In A Week, in the Hodder & Stoughton ‘Teach Yourself’ series
- First trained as a coach with Rivas Palmer Foundation in 2004
- Authorised Now What? Programme Facilitator, training with Laura Berman Fortgang in 2017
- Completed Business & Personal Coaching Course, Barefoot Coaching in 2018, currently studying the Postgraduate Certificate with University of Chester
- Member of the Association for Coaching, practising in line with the association’s global code of ethics
- Volunteer mentor within the CIM mentoring programme