We hear a lot about the power of acting on our intuition – those little nudges that come seemingly from nowhere.
We all get them, but how often do we allow them to just pass on by? And how often do we actually act on them?
I bet the most likely things that happen are:
- We just ignore it – because we’re too busy doing other things right now.
- We tell ourselves we’ll think about it later – then when we do it seems less of a good idea, so we just reject it.
- We actually write it down as a ‘to do’ but when we return to it we start to talk ourselves out of it – and succeed.
- We act on it days later only to find we just missed the boat.
If you want to join the ranks of those people who have mastered ‘making their own luck’ (as one of my ex-bosses used to call it), here’s the number one thing to do …
Act in the moment.
When you get that thought, act on it straightaway.
And the thing is, the more you do, the easier it becomes.
You get into the habit – the habit of just acting. You stop giving your brain the option to get stuck in and spoil things.
As good things start to happen, you’ll get bolder.
But make it easy to get going by practicing some simple, quick things at first.
Here are some examples which take just minutes to do.
- Connect people … “Sally really should talk with Jo because …” Make it happen – send an email to both or introduce them on LinkedIn.
- Like a blog post? Fingers hovering over the key board? Leave that comment now before you click away.
- Someone from the past popped into your mind? Stop wondering why – look them up on LinkedIn and connect.
- Someone you currently know popped into your mind? Ditto – give them a call.
- Read someone’s newsletter and liked the advice – maybe it’s even helped you solve something? Feel a connection? Let them know – start talking.
- Seen something that’s made you smile, or think? Tweet or share it – especially if it’s different to your usual stuff.
It’s all too easy to have the thought but never take the action.
Over to you … Want to give it a go?
Act once a day on your intuition for seven days in a row.
Let’s see what happens.
Feel free to share you story here!
What's your breakthrough goal? A new approach to the new year ...
Many people I've been seeing recently are beating themselves up about what they’ve failed to achieve …
How to get and keep the action habit
By action I mean doing things that make a difference and move you forward rather than the everyday
12 coaching questions to help you move forward in your business
I’ve had several conversations this week with people who are reviewing various aspects of their